Rhode Island Guardianship Litigation
Providence Probate Administration Lawyers
At McIntyre Tate LLP, our legal team handles issues related to probate administration and guardianship litigation for clients located throughout Rhode Island. We also provide representation and assistance to individuals and families located outside of the state that have in-state probate and guardianship matters. Our Rhode Island probate attorneys are highly knowledgable in this field of law, with more than 150 years of combined experience.
Probate Administration in Rhode Island
Probate is the legal process by which a person's assets are distributed upon his or her death. Rhode Island probate law directs the probate court how to distribute the deceased's estate. These laws are unique and the procedures vary greatly, so, it is important to consult a firm with experience in this area of the law to ensure that the deceased's assets are distributed correctly.
- McIntyre Tate LLP's services include:
- Appearing in probate court and preparing pleadings
- Collecting, valuing, selling, and distributing assets and continuing businesses
- Preparing federal estate and gift tax returns
- Preparing fiduciary income tax returns
- Fiduciary accountings
- Settling creditors' claims
- Ancillary administration
- Handling will contest proceedings
- Assisting with any trust administration issues
- Equitable adoption
- Name changes
- Locating missing heirs
Rhode Island Guardianship Litigation Attorneys
Our firm is dedicated to representing seniors and their family members in litigation to obtain and defend against guardianships and conservatorships. We have worked closely with the Department of Elderly Affairs and numerous social service agencies in elder abuse and exploitation cases and we regularly receive referrals from these organizations. Our successful cases have been profiled on the NBC Evening News, in the Providence Journal, and other media.
- Our legal team also provides assistance in a range of other matters, including:
- Powers of attorney
- Health care powers of attorney
- Financial exploitation of the elderly
- Elder abuse
We can walk you through the process of probate administration and guardianship litigation, educating you on the issues related to your specific needs. Call (401) 283-1645 to learn more about how our firm handles these specific types of cases.