Rhode Island Animal Law Attorneys
Leading Animal Ownership Advocates – Call (401) 351-7700
Animal rights and animal law is an intricate area of law, mainly due to the fact that it’s a newly evolving area of law. At McIntyre Tate LLP, we have become thoroughly familiar with Rhode Island’s animal laws to assist our clients through any sort of legal complication, including animal ownership disputes, licensing issues, municipal prosecutions, adoptions, and other disputes. If you are struggling with an animal law matter, we are happy to help and you can contact us.
Animal law cases we can handle include but are not limited to:
- Ownership: Many animal law cases involve two parties, each one claiming to be the rightful owner of a family pet, herd or farm animals. Divorces and probate matters also often implicate disputes about animals.
- Adoption: Ideally, adopting an animal and welcoming it as a new member of your family should be easy. Realistically, it often is not, especially when the breed of animal has been questioned as dangerous or unruly. Let us know what troubles you are encountering during an animal adoption case and we can straighten things out. In fact, one of our partners represents a local animal adoption agency.
- Cruelty: Thousands of incidents of animal cruelty are reported every year but it is notoriously difficult to find justice for animals. Our Rhode Island animal law attorneys are adamant about doing whatever is needed to protect animals from cruelty. If you need to report animal cruelty but are not sure it will be taken seriously, please call (401) 351-7700 to get our lawyers involved. One McIntyre Tate LLP is a long time municipal prosecutor handling animal cruelty matters.
- Prosecution: Rhode Island cities and towns have broad discretion over licensing, zoning and other issues related to animals. Our attorneys have experience in municipal regulation of animals and are available to help.
- Injury Claims: We handle all types of injury claims related to animals, including dog bite cases.
Have any questions or concerns about animal rights, ownership, and laws? Contact McIntyre Tate LLP to talk to our Providence animal lawyers.
We are Invested in Animal Rights & Care
Among our animal law clients are Rhode Island veterinarians and the leading dog adoption agency. With our legal assistance, we have helped vets and animal adoption clinics understand their legal obligations, meet regulations, and thrive. We can also complete legally-intricate adoptions of pets. One of our favorite animal law clients is Little Rhody Rescue, an incredible nonprofit dog rescue, quarantine, and adoption facility that genuinely cares about the canines it houses. (Click here to visit the official website of Little Rhody Rescue to learn more about how you can adopt or volunteer.)
We are also proud members of the Animal Legal Defense Fund, a nonprofit law organization dedicated to advancing, protecting, and upholding the rights of animals of all kinds. When it comes to caring about our furry friends and standing up for them inside the courtroom, McIntyre Tate LLP is second-to-none.
Complex Animal Law Cases are Not Uncommon
When it comes to animal law cases, even ownership of a family pet can be an intricate and sensitive issue. Consider this recent example of a case right here in Rhode Island that was decided by the Rhode Island Superior Court. Details of the case involved a couple acquiring a pet dog in China before one of the owners had to return to the United States. One of the parties gained sole ownership of the dog when she departed, and the dog served as one of the only constants in her life. When the couple broke up – having never been married – a serious conflict of ownership arose that needed litigation to solve. In the end, the party who gained sole ownership kept the dog.
Top-Quality Representation Delivered with Compassion
Our Rhode Island animal law attorneys are capable of finding success in difficult and complex situations. No matter the intricacies of your animal law case, such as a lack of clear ownership or the origination of the animal, we stay focused on securing the most beneficial outcome. We believe this speaks volumes of our dedication and drive. Everything we do, we do for the benefit of our clients, their pets, and their businesses, such as adoption clinics and veterinarian offices.
If you would like to get that caliber of service for your own animal law or animal ownership case, do not hesitate to contact our firm for an initial consultation.
Rhode Island Animal Laws